Lavender oil has over 1000 uses and is known for its benefits to skin. Purification oil will boost your immune system and is great healing mouth sores.
Both oils are nourishing for dry cracked lips and are very mild so they will not cause discomfort.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 to 20 minutes
- Yield : 6 tablespoons
- Special Equipment : lip balm tube or small jar, funnel
Lavender Lip Balm Ingredients :
- 2 tablespoons beeswax pastilles or grated beeswax
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, olive oil, or fractionated coconut oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops Purification essential oil (optional)
Preparation Instructions for Lavender Lip Balm Recipe :
Fill a small pot or saucepan one-third full with water over medium-low heat. In a glass bowl, add beeswax, shea butter and avocado oil. Put the bowl over a saucepan with a few cups of water in it and place over medium heat.
Let the ingredients melt slowly, about 20 minutes, stirring often. Remove the mixture from heat and let it cool about 10 minutes or until it starts to slightly harden (edges will become slightly opaque).
Stir in essential oil and then transfer into lip balm containers using a funnel, if needed, and let completely cool and harden.